A new search engine on the block
December 17, 2006
Quintura is a visual search engine that has yet another use for the increasingly popular tag cloud scheme. Quick facts about the company:
- Define their product as a community-powered online search engine.
- Based in Alexandria, Virginia in the U.S., but doing research and development in Moscow, Russia.
- Patent-pending technology based on Neural Networks and AI (they fail to specify what kind of AI, actually many would consider Neural Networks a sub-field of AI).
- Everybody in the board of directors seems to be russian (or at least has a russian surname). That pretty much explains why they develop their application in Moscow.
- In August, 2006 they were featured in Business 2.0.
- In their words: “(In 2006) Quintura looks for significant venture capital funding.“